Healthy Aussie Dad Dies After Contracting a Common Illness!
2023/07/13

ADVERTISEMENT

A young father, Blake Chown, collapsed and stopped breathing in front of his young children just days after being diagnosed with tonsillitis. His partner, Ebonie Dowdy, desperately performed CPR on him and was able to resuscitate him before paramedics arrived. However, Mr Chown suffered a serious brain injury due to a lack of oxygen and spent several days on life support. Tragically, he passed away just a few days after his 25th birthday. His family is now questioning how his life could be cut short by a seemingly low-risk infection.

ADVERTISEMENT

Mr Chown first visited the hospital on June 23, where he received a steroid injection. However, he continued to have difficulty breathing and returned to the hospital, where he was given pain-relieving medication before being sent home. Shortly after, he collapsed in the bathroom while gasping for air. In the hospital, doctors diagnosed him with epiglottitis, a condition where the cartilage covering the windpipe swells. The swelling obstructed his airway and caused cardiac arrest, resulting in a severe brain injury.

Despite his family's presence at his bedside, Mr Chown showed little signs of improvement and eventually passed away on June 28.

ADVERTISEMENT

His family made the decision to donate all of his organs to DonateLife. Devastated loved ones shared tributes to Mr Chown on social media, expressing their shock and grief. Organizers of the Riverina Thrashers' Cruise for Clint event announced that all proceeds would go towards supporting Mr Chown's partner and their two young children. A GoFundMe page was also created to raise funds for the family. A celebration of life will be held for Mr Chown in Wagga Wagga.

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

AD
Article
news flash